- I started my first blog on Xanga in college because several of my friends began blogging. Most of us were spread out across the country and it was a good way, when any of us actually posted, to keep up with each other.
- I’m really bad about keeping in touch with family and friends. I think when I blog they can actually keep up with what I’m doing.
- I’ve met a lot of really cool people through blogs. The Internet has really given people a way to connect with new and potential friends.
- I use blogging to vent when I need to. Sometimes the rants don’t actually make it to the blog, but I am able to get rid of a lot of stress by writing out my frustrations.
- Before I left for college someone at my church told me that I should journal every day. He said it would be a good way to look back over things. I never got into that habbit, mostly because I don’t always feel like I have something to say, but I think blogging is the next best step. Plus, I really enjoy it. And, when someone eventually writes my unauthorized biography, the blog will combat all the mistruths. ??
“Niner and Associates” is actually the 4th blog I’ve had. Xanga, MoveableType (which sucks and I deleted it), Blogger and now this one run by WordPress. The Xanga posts are still alive and kicking, but are an insight into a strange time in my life. The Blogger ones are all here. As for the MoveableType posts… like I said I deleted them. Mostly because I was annoyed with the software and then forgot to recover the database before I moved hosts… OOPS.